+44(0)1483 473810

Making communication clearer

Complying with laws and regulations


Whether you are a student or an employee, you may be entitled to government assitance in purchasing a Conversor product through a number of grants and allowances.

An Access to Work grant is money for practical support to help you do your job. It’s for people with a disability, health or mental health condition.

The money you get can pay for specialist equipment, such Conversor products. There is no set amount for an Access to Work grant. How much you get depends on your circumstances. It’s only available in England, Scotland and Wales.

You must be 16 or over and either:

  • in a paid job or self-employed - you can’t get it for voluntary work
  • unemployed and about to start a job or a work trial

Your condition

Your disability or health condition must affect your ability to do a job or mean you have to pay work-related costs. For example, special equipment such as the Conversor Pro helps with day-to-day communication with staff and customers.


You may not qualify if you get any of these benefits:

  • Incapacity Benefit
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Severe Disablement Allowance
  • Income Support
  • National Insurance Credits

Useful websites


Information available for download

 Access to Work factsheet
 Assistive Listening in the workplace
 Assistive Listening at a conference or lecture