+44(0)1483 473810

Making communication clearer

Complying with laws and regulations


Whether you are a student or an employee, you may be entitled to government assitance in purchasing a Conversor product through a number of grants and allowances.

Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) provide extra financial help for disabled students. DSAs are grants that help meet the extra course costs students face because of a disability.

For example, DSAs can help pay for:

Specialist equipment, such as a product provided by Conversor, to aid in studying

Non-medical helpers, such as a reader or note-taker

Extra travel costs you have to pay because of your disability

Other costs, such as photocopying or printer cartridges

DSAs are paid on top of the standard student finance package, or on their own. You don’t have to pay DSAs back and they’re not counted as income when working out whether you get benefits or Tax Credits Higher education students living in England can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if they have a:

  • Disability
  • Long-term health condition
  • Mental health condition
  • Specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia

The money you get depends on your individual needs and not on income

Useful websites


Useful information to download

    Bridging the gap - a guide to Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) in higher education 2013/2014

  Assistive Listening at a conference or lecture